REVIEW: RIFLE PAPER CO.

Rifle Paper Co. - Alice's Adventures In Wonderland - 150th Anniversary Edition Hardcover Book With Matching BookmarkRifle Paper Co. - Let's Do This
Disclaimer: I received these products for free in exchange for an honest review. Pictures are property of Rifle Paper Co.

Rifle Paper Co. creates original greeting cards, art prints, and a host of other paper products.

LOOK/STYLE: I received two products from Rifle Paper Co. The first product I received was Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll and illustrated by Anna Bond. This book is a hardback, so it does come with a protective sleeve. I have always liked hardback books better than paperback, so this book impressed me before I even began to look at the pictures. The first thing that really caught my attention was the unique art style in general. This art style has a simple, minimalist approach to drawings that I really enjoyed. This is the first time I had seen this art style, and I really loved it. The title and author's name are written in a beautiful gold foil. The gold really stood out from the maroon background without taking away from the overall color scheme of the cover. I especially liked the inclusion of the Cheshire Cat and the Caterpillar. Both of these characters rarely make the cover of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland books. Also on the cover is Alice chasing after the White Rabbit through some tall grass and mushrooms. I really like how the illustrator drew the characters in the way she envisioned them. Alice has dirty blonde hair instead of her more common yellow blonde look. the White Rabbit is a bit of a darker white as well. On the side, besides the name of the book and author, there is a picture of the White Rabbit. The back of the sleeve is probably my favorite. There is a quote in the middle of the page that reads, "For you see, so many out-of-the-way things had happened lately, that Alice had begun to think that very few things indeed were really impossible". This is one of my favorite quotes, and I was ecstatic to see it on the back of the sleeve. To the sides of this quote are blue vines littered with various flowers and leaves. Above this quote is a drawing of the Queen of Hearts. Below this quote is a drawing of the King of Hearts. I love how both of these characters are drawn. They look regal while still sticking to the art style. On the two inside flaps, there is a summary of the book and more information about the illustrator, Anna Bond, and the author, Lewis Carroll. Once this cover is removed, one can see that the book is a pastel blue. This is definitely a huge contrast between the sleeve, but I found pastel blue to be more fitting than maroon. The front and back of the book has drawings of various characters with some gold leafing. One thing that really stood out was the drawing of Alice. On the front of the book, there is a picture of her facing the front while on the back of the book, there is a picture of her facing the back. I just found this to be really unique and creative. The second product I received was the "Let's Do This!" notepad. This notepad had a floral section at the top with the words, "Let's Do This!". I really liked this as a design for a checklist. It really motivated me. Below the title, are 12 lines with corresponding boxes for one to check off when they have completed the task. Overall, I thought Rifle Paper Co. products were whimsically illustrated and original.

CONTENT: The book is 171 pages long and contains illustrations throughout the story. These pictures make it easier for kids to understand the story and follow along. I wish that I had owned this copy of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland when I was growing up!

ART: Both of these products have a very unique art style that I have not seen anywhere else, but now that I have seen it, I want to see more of it. The art style for both products is simple. There is not a lot of design or flair to the art, but that is how I like it. Far too often, I see art that is so detailed and realistic that I don't want the product anymore. The drawings are truly original and unique!

DURABILITY: Because this is a hardback book that comes with a sleeve, the book is durable. I read this book twice and loaned it to a young relative of mine, and the book was able to hold up through my readings as well as the readings of a ten-year-old. The pages are thick and do not easily rip, and  I greatly appreciate that.

PRACTICALITY: I have noticed that some notepads are so overflowed with designs, that there is virtually no room to write. I have also seen notepads with so many lines that I feel like I would get lost in my own writing. Luckily, the notepad I received has just the write amount of lines with the right amount of designs.

SUMMARY: For original art on amazing products, shop Rifle Paper Co.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REVIEW: BOOKCASE.CLUB

REVIEW: MILK+SASS

REVIEW: ASOBU